Happy Harbor Comics was the first store in Edmonton to offer Fair Pricing on all comics; pricing all of our books based on the Canadian
Exchange rate at the time of our purchase. This means a fair price for everyone all the time with no memberships fees.
Every item has a price on it you can see so you know what you are paying before you get to the till.
We do offer file subscription services, based your name, giving the staff at Happy Harbor the opportunity to get to know who you are and what you like.
OUR ONGOING MEMBERSHIP DRIVE !!
Happy Harbor is dedicated to growing the hobby, bringing in new readers to help the industry stay healthy. We do as much as we can to attract new fans but we use your help! And that help comes with rewards!
Bring in a new customer who opens a file, meeting the criteria below, at any of our locations and we'll give you a $20 credit to your file! If after 3 months that new customer has kept their file in good standing, you'll both get a $20 credit to your accounts! It's just that simple and you've really got nothing to lose.
Hopefully this little nudge will be just what it takes to get that casual Buffy or World of Warcraft fan into the comic shop to see just how cool our past-time is! Don't delay, recruit now! The full conditions for setting up a file are as follows;
There's no charge for a file but request pick ups at least once every two weeks (see below for more details why). As an additional benefit to having a file, we
offer a 10% discount on all merchandise; t-shirts, toys, posters, statues and more (excluding consignment items)!
HH offers Western Canada's only online file cusomter service. You can view your account any time through our website!
There you can see what's in your file, your balance, what you have on order and more! Your file also gives you first preference on advance orders, which is helpful for those collectors of variant cover comic books.
Our FILES FIRST initiative gets you first crack at new comic collections that we purchase, movie passes, special sale offers, and keeps you in the loop about other cool community events that could use your talents and support! Make sure to follow us on Twitter and join our Facebook group for more great events and discussions!
Of course, we also take requests for special orders, online orders and offer a layaway service. Make sure to tour our website to see our IN STOCK page (with images for the merchandise) and our online advance order form from Diamond Distribution to help ensure you get everything you want. You'll also get email verifications to help you keep track of your orders.
Don't live in Edmonton? Happy Harbor does mail order throughout North America via Canada Post, so your package is insured and traceable. We mail out once a month, always upon the release of the latest PREVIEWS catalogue which typically happens on the last Wednesday of the month. We send out notices at least 4 days before shipping in case you need to make any adjustments.
You can download a File Application PDF
or visit our store and talk to an HH employee for additional support!
HAPPY HARBOR COMICS FILE INSIGHTS
Happy Harbor prides itself on having Alberta's widest selection of comics and plenty of staff on hand to assist you in the store.
Coupled with our online services, we are a store unlike any other in Western Canada.
To continue providing the excellent service you've come to expect, Happy Harbor requires the co-operation of our file holders. To help understand our polices, we'd like to offer some insight into how our file orders work;
- Orders for comics are placed with our distributor, Diamond Comics, two months before release date, with a Final Order Cutoff adjustable period of about three weeks before release (there are some exceptions). If you need to cancel a book, please give us as much notice as possible so we can adjust the store's order down and avoid the burden of extra stock.
- We have to pay for product upfront or within 14 days. Customer delays in paying for file orders can have a significant impact on the shop's operations, affecting space restrictions, storage management, cash flow, etc.
- We cannot return comics to the distributor (there are rare exceptions). If an order or pull is abandoned, the store will be stuck with the expense of the extra product. This eats into our budget for the wide selection of shelf stock items we like to have available to our customers.
- Time spent on "reminder" calls/emails to purchase files is an additional cost and, honestly, exhausting. No one here wants to call people about money. We really, really don't.
In light of the preceding facts, the following rules are being added to our file service so that we can maintain our high standard of service to the Happy Harbor community.
- Customers are to pick up their files at least once every two (2) weeks (this part's not new).
- Should you require more time to clear your file (working out of town, live outside of Edmonton, etc.) you will need to make arrangements directly with the owners, Jay or Shawna.
- Hold times can be extended by having a credit card on file. Cards are typically processed on the last Wednesday of each month. Notice will be sent at least four (4) days prior to billing.
- Files that are not cleared out after four (4) weeks MAY be suspended. We will do our best to contact you via information you provided on your application, but if we don't hear from you, we will need to make adjustments.
- Requests for pull list and/or special order items are considered purchase agreements between Happy Harbor and the customer. These items are to be paid for within 14 days of arrival in-store.
- If a title is removed from the file list after the Final Order Cutoff for the next issue, the customer will be responsible for anything that could not be cancelled. Exceptions to this rule can only be made by the owners.
- The shop cannot notify every customer when items arrive. You can view your weekly arrivals, and much more, on the Happy Harbor website. To see what's currently held for you, just go to http://www.happyharborcomics.com/login.asp
- Whenever possible, additions and deletions to your pull list should be made via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. This lessens the possibility of miscommunication and provides a trail to review in case of error.
- If you need to close your account, please give us as much notice as possible (ideally3-5 weeks) to give us the chance to reduce your orders.
Help keep Happy Harbor healthy and thriving so we can continue to serve you and support the community!