Happy Harbor Comics is proud to do what we can to give back to the community around us. We've attempted to create a centre for fans old and new, creators and even just spectators to come together. In our pursuits we've had a lot of support that has enabled us to give to some very worthy causes.
Happy Harbor has created (or adapted) several different events that support local charities but we do have limited resources. Currently, HH supports the following organizations on a regular basis;
- Youth Write Society Canada, as an annual donor
- Edmonton Public School Foundation
- Boys Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters Edmonton
- Edmonton Food Bank
- Valour Place Military Family Support House
- Team In Training - Leukemia Lymphoma Society of Canada
- Boyle Street Education Centre
- Bruce Peel Special Collections Library
Since 2005, HH has helped raise more than $50,000 for the various organizations listed above (as of December 2013).
Additionally we offer a FREE school and library program that runs weekly throughout the year, offer Canada's only Comics Artist-in-Residence program and will be developing a scholarship award program. All these programs are currently solely funded by Happy Harbor.
If you are looking for event sponsorship, we give consideration to people who work with us or support our events and fundraisers, such as;
- The Alberta Browncoats Society
- Gears Animal Rescue
- The Edmonton Expo
- The Calgary Expo
- STING Girls Soccer Club
We have also partnered with in past years;
- The Pure Speculation Festival
- The Edmonton Collectors Con
- The Pop Culture Fair
- E-Ville Roller Derby
- SuperheroLive!, PLIGHT! and Swordplay (Edmonton Fringe productions)
Support of other organizations may be considered if they are artistic or literary in nature or individual contributions
for regular patrons of the shop. We thank you for your support and look forward to assisting you when we can.
Jay Bardyla, Happy Harbor Comics